The Administrative Assistant is the initial contact for vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors. This person must be friendly, professional, and helpful. The Administrative Assistant utilizes a multi-line telephone system for routing calls to others in the organization. This position is also responsible for a variety of Accounting and Clerical activities, such as recording, processing and summarizing confidential information
1. Maintain excellent relations through communications with vendors, customers and other visitors.
2. Complete general admin work for the General Manager
3. Maintain filing systems-both manually and electronic.
4. Distribute invoices through electronic documentation system.
5. Responsible to carrying out office related tasks such as; copying, faxing, laminating and re-ordering of supplies for literature racks, office and kitchen.
6. Create and track new vendor requests, and sales and service proposals.
7. Sort and route incoming mail; prepare and send outgoing mail.
8. Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once and to work positively and effectively within a team.
9. Maintain promotional items log and inventory.
10. Produce sales material and binders as needed.
11. Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
12. Communicate consistently on all activities to appropriate individuals (internal & external).
13. Maintain ongoing communication and adhere to all Companywide policies to eliminate and/or reduce exposure to liability.
14. Participates as needed in special projects or work as assigned
1. Other duties as assigned.
Required: At least two years of college and/or equivalent work experience. Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel
Desired: Bachelors Degree in a related field of study
Must have the ability to work independently in a multi-tasking setting. Must be able to perform accounting and mathematic computations with a high degree of accuracy. Must be familiar with standard office equipment including personal computers, copy machines, fax machines, and mailing machines. Ability to work effectively and productively with others. Ability to answer telephone and direct phone calls to appropriate personnel.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is primarily a sedentary office classification and employees work in an office with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve and file information and lifts and carries reports and records that typically weigh less than 30 pounds.
Western Pacific Crane and EquipmentWestern Pacific Crane & Equipment Canada, an affiliate of the Lanco Group of Companies, is a crane and heavy equipment distributor to the Western Pacific region. Western Pacific Crane & Equipment sells and services Manitowoc cranes, Grove cranes and National Crane Boom Trucks, and carries the full line of parts for the equipment. Western Pacific Crane & Equipment also carries parts and accessories for other cranes and equipment at the competitive prices. Outstanding parts and product support, coupled with experienced and factory trained technicians, allows Western Pacific Crane & Equipment to provide superior service to the region.