Licensed Practical Nurse- PRN
- Posted: 4 days ago
- Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and want to make a difference in someone’s life? Western North Carolina located in Asheville is seeking a qualified Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team. We are looking for someone who will uphold our core values of providing exceptional care to our residents.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervises routine care for skilled and/or intermediate level care residents. Passes medications and administers treatments according to physician orders. Serves as charge LPN nurse when assigned to this role. Works under supervision and direction of Unit Coordinator/Shift Charge Nurse.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Practical nursing.
- Current LPN license in good standing with State Board of Nursing in the state of North Carolina.
- Currently registered with Board of Nursing and Division of Facility Services.
- Current CPR Certification. Must maintain certification during employment.
- Previous nursing experience required, with experience in a geriatric long-term care facility preferred.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- l. Follows established standards of nursing practice and implements facility policies and procedures on assigned unit.
- Interprets existing policies, procedures and performance standards to personnel, residents, families, and physicians.
- Obtains report from nurse he/she is relieving and records sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary in relation to the residents treatment needs.
- Provides nursing care according to physicians instructions in compliance with established nursing techniques, procedures, and administrative policies.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations within the unit on the assigned shift of duty.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Western NC A Thrive More Community
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?