Mental Health Professional
Western Montana Mental Health Center Missoula, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position provides 24-hour mobile mental health emergency/crisis intervention services to citizens. The contract with the county stipulates that the MHP team will be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The MHP will be available to respond to the crisis house staff to assess and assist with any clinical issues that arise after hours or when the Clinical Supervisor is unavailable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess mental status, risk and clinical needs of persons in distress;
- Provide emergency psychotherapy; assessment
- Provide supportive counseling via telephone;
- Follow up on the status of persons in distress;
- Search out and refer to community resources;
- Evaluate clinical need for hospitalization or crisis house admission;
- Evaluate appropriateness for involuntary treatment according to legal criteria;
- Evaluate need for admission to state hospital;
- Provide written reports to county attorney and court;
- Testify in court in civil commitment cases;
- Provide consultation to hospital emergency room staff when requested/approved by county;
- Provide consultation to county jail and law enforcement personnel;
- Provide consultation to families, friends, and other providers of care to persons in acute distress;
- Provide clinical support to West house crisis stabilization workers;
- Complete clinical records, reports and billing documentation according to established policy and procedure;
- Demonstrate professional appearance and hygiene in accordance with established workplace culture;
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Responsive to consumer and co-worker needs, including being tactful, respectful, and considerate of others regardless of status;
- Manages difficult consumer situations in a professional manner;
- Exhibits sound and accurate clinical judgment;
- Knowledge and proficient use of electronic medical records and Microsoft Office programs;
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment;
- Responds to management direction, follows instructions, and completes work in a timely manner;
- Takes responsibility for own actions, keeping commitments and asking for and offering help when needed;
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports any potentially unsafe conditions;
- Is consistently at work and on time and ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Abide by the employee code of ethics, policies, procedures and values set forth by Western MT Mental Health Center as well as professional standards;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related mental health field
- Two (2) years progressively responsible post graduate experience in a clinical setting where evaluation and referral skills are utilized.
- At least two years of which was spent assessing and treating severe and persistent mentally ill adults and severely emotionally disturbed youth.
- Eligibility for the appropriate licensure for the State of Montana and certification as a Mental Health Professional Person are required.
- LCSW or LCPC license required
- MT state drivers license required