Under general supervision, this position provides crisis stabilization services to individuals with mental health crises and group home residents in need of 24-hour care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and plan for services for clients admitted during shift
- Assist in the development of the crisis stabilization treatment plan.
- Implement treatment plan as developed.
- Constantly assess and make recommendations to increase the safety of clients and staff. Report problems with safety to supervisor, MHP on call or 911 as needed.
- Provide direct care and supportive counseling.
- Monitor signs and symptoms of illness and progress toward recovery.
- Monitor consumer self-administration of medications.
- Monitor and report side effects from medications and vital signs to medical personnel. Document consumer status and services provided.
- Adhere to laws pertaining to mental health services and consumer rights.
- Ability to go up and down stairs several times during shift.
- Perform chores necessary to assure that the residence remains clean and orderly during shift.
- Cleaning which requires squatting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and so forth. Transport clients as needed.
- Prepare meals and encourage clients to participate.
- Complete detail oriented paperwork in a timely fashion consistent with agency policy and the direction of Program Manager.
- Arrive on time and participate in all required agency meetings and trainings. Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with staff and supervisor. Treat coworkers, clients and community contacts with respect and professionalism.
- Comply with applicable state and federal laws, rules and agency standards. Collaborating with other community agencies to maintain appropriate professional relationships.
- Performing other duties and directions as instructed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates of Arts Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field
- 1 year's work experience in a mental health setting
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Ability to pass background check and driver's license check upon offer of employment Must have valid Montana Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Provide proof of auto liability insurance coverage per Western's policies
- Montana Driver's License with good driving record if required to transport clients while on work duty (make one statement)
Western Montana Mental Health Center