Production Technician ACE - Birmingham, AL
Western International Gas & Cylinders Birmingham, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Production Technician is responsible for safely handling customers cylinders in compliance with standard operating procedures. This position reports directly to the Area Lead and Department Manager. Training is provided to ensure complete understanding of position and department responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Properly perform pre-fill inspections of acetylene cylinders.
- Properly and safely remove cylinder caps and roll cylinder to the scale for weigh in.
- Once weighed in the cylinders are rolled to the fill line to be filled, in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and quality procedures.
- Understands hazards of various gases, size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels.
- Comply with safety programs and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Handling and processing of cylinders as required in the department and SOPs.
- Completes process in compliance with company policy requirements during the fill process.
- Accurately ensures cylinders are labeled properly, with current decals.
- Complies with all SOPs, and company standards relating to the safe handling of gas cylinders.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly workplace through proper housekeeping procedures
- Adheres to all standard operating proceeds and quality assurance policies.
- Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- Training is provided to ensure the proper understanding of job duties and responsibilities
Western International Gas & Cylinders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read and comprehend.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read and write and perform mathematical exercises.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities.
- Must be able to roll or lift 75 lbs. cylinders.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to work extended shifts and/or weekends.
- Able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
Western International Gas & Cylinders
ManufacturingView all jobs at Western International Gas & Cylinders