Supervisor, Maintenance (Weekends)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor (Weekends) based in Vancouver, WA at our Columbia Vista site.
What You’ll Do: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing day to day direction and assistance to the Maintenance team in order to meet assigned objectives. Working closely with the Production team, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the organization and execution of corrective and preventative maintenance activities with the overall objective to drive improved equipment reliability and reduced overall maintenance costs.
Who You Are: This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced maintenance supervisor to take care of an efficient and close-knit production site. You are someone who executes and embodies WFP’s overarching objective of Defining a Higher Standard in safety and continuous improvement. Growth opportunities are available to support your long-term career, and you will be exposed to reliability relevant project initiatives.
Work Environment: The position is to be performed in person at the Columbia Vista Operations in Vancouver, WA.
Safety and Environmental Performance
- Provide leadership in safety and environmental stewardship by demonstrating and ensuring the adherence of company safety and sustainability processes and procedures.
- Supports the interpretation of financial data and analytics to identify cost saving opportunities; and
- Support the analysis of downtime reports and other relevant metrics, identifies opportunities and initiates action plans to increase efficiencies and equipment reliability.
- Provide leadership and direction to improve safety, reduce operational costs, and drive efficiencies with company employees and contractors;
- Directs maintenance personnel and contractors to ensure that all equipment operates at its highest capability to meet required production schedules, quality and cost priorities;
- Ensure hourly employee and contractor awareness and compliance with safety, environmental and operational policy, procedures and regulations;
- Hire, train, coach, mentor and manage performance of hourly maintenance employees; and
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers
- Develops preventative maintenance schedules and processes that are cost effective and increase the availability as well as maximize the operational life of equipment, with the key objective to lower the overall cost of ownership;
- Supervise all maintenance activities and supports capital project delivery, with overall focus to improve safety and productivity and minimize downtime;
- Promotes pro-active maintenance practices by performing regular reviews of equipment in the field to determine overall operating performance and scheduling appropriate preventative maintenance to minimize downtime;
- Collaborates with Maintenance Planner to prioritize and scope critical repairs to enable equipment availability and minimize downtime;
- Assist purchasing department in optimizing part availability in the warehouse to minimize equipment downtime while balancing economic maintenance inventory management;
- Makes certain equipment repairs meet manufacturer’s specifications and/or Company standards; and
- Stay abreast of industry innovations and trends in safety and environmental performance and new technology or equipment to improve company margins.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Sawmill, maintenance, and manufacturing experience is preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of maintenance strategies and methodologies;
- Self-starter who leads with integrity while maintaining a respectful and safe working environment;
- Experience working with a computerized maintenance management system is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work; and,
- Strong safety background.
At Western Forest Products, we believe our most significant asset is our people. Investing in our people brings value and success to our business, ensuring a safe, engaged, productive and continuously improving workplace. We offer challenging opportunities working alongside the best in the industry to meet your career and professional development goals while providing competitive total rewards and recognition.
We provide a variety of on-the-job training and continuing education in many areas at Western to ensure you have the skills you need to succeed. Our promote-from-within culture recognizes high performance and we offer diverse career paths across the organization for those with the talent and will to advance.
Our total rewards offering including competitive pay, performance bonus, 401(k) plan, extended health and dental benefits and other programs designed to support our employees.
Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that sustainably manages forests and manufactures high-quality wood products. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of BC and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering.
Our commitment to health and safety, environmental stewardship and community engagement is core to how we do business at Western Forest Products.
Our approach to responsible business practices in all aspects of our business is multi-faceted. We adhere to and employ the most stringent environmental practices in the world. The steps we take to ensure the forests in which we operate are renewed and remain healthy and viable for future generations are mirrored in the care we take to make certain our communities continue to grow and prosper. This includes investing in communities where we operate and continuing to forge mutually beneficial relationships with First Nations in respect of their local and cultural interests.
Western Forest Products US LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at Western Forest Products US LLC