Relief Production Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently recruiting for a Relief Production Supervisor primarily at our Columbia Vista Sawmill in Vancouver, WA
What You’ll Do: The Relief Production Supervisor is responsible for delivering operational results that support the Company’s safety, sustainability, production, improvements, and financial goals. You will assume supervisory responsibilities in the absence of site supervisors and are an integral part of the manufacturing process, and key to ensuring Western delivers consistent quality products in the most cost effective and efficient manner
Who You Are: You are a strong, assertive leader with a personal commitment to safe work practices who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to contribute positively to our team culture focused on recognizing employees for their hard work. Our ideal candidate will have 5 plus years’ supervisory experience working in lumber manufacturing.
Work Environment: This role is to be performed on site in Vancouver, WA, with proper safety protocols in place. The standard shift is Monday to Friday, dayshift, but will require flexibility, as the shifts will vary depending on the needs of the business.
Safety and Environmental Performance
- Ensure all production activities conform to appropriate safe work policies and practices leadership.
- Participate on cross functional teams designed to deliver on and improve various performance metrics: Safety, Production, Reliability, Costs; and,
- Provide detailed and accurate reporting information for both safety, production, and performance related matters.
- Provide direction, guidance and support to production personnel and operators;
- Foster an environment of recognition and accountability with direct reports;
- Develop and monitor performance standards and expectations for various machine centers and operators;
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and WISHA safety regulations, WFP Policies, site rules, and other best practices with regards to employees and contractors working across the site;
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies and processes to obtain ongoing and continuous improvement in operational safety;
- Support the management staff to set and meet all daily, weekly, and monthly goals and objectives regarding safety, environmental impact, quality, maintenance, production, and uptime;
- Work with management on employee development and training plans.
- Work across departments as required;
- Manage and optimize mill flow during both normal and upset conditions;
- Maintain constant communication with maintenance personnel to minimize production downtime;
- Monitor operation, complete reports, attend meetings and any administrative work as required;
- Act as a quality control check by monitoring sizes and lengths at all machine centers;
- Work to motivate personnel in order to maximize productivity while continually training to help them improve in their roles;
- Make recommendations and provide input to management when required regarding personnel, hiring, evaluations and training;
- Coordinate and manage projects as required, including costing, vendor selection, demolition, installation and start up; and
- Maintain a clean and organized facility on a daily basis.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a lumber manufacturing Supervisor;
- Sawmill/Planer/Shipping Supervisor experience is preferred.
- Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Must be assertive, a good communicator, and have a strong work ethic;
- Must have a strong attention to detail and have good decision making skills; and,
- Must set a positive example.
At Western Forest Products, we believe our most significant asset is our people. Investing in our people brings value and success to our business, ensuring a safe, engaged, productive and continuously improving workplace. We offer challenging opportunities working alongside the best in the industry to meet your career and professional development goals while providing competitive total rewards and recognition.
We provide a variety of on-the-job training and continuing education in many areas at Western to ensure you have the skills you need to succeed. Our promote-from-within culture recognizes high performance and we offer diverse career paths across the organization for those with the talent and will to advance.
Our total rewards offering including competitive pay, performance bonus, 401(k) plan, extended health and dental benefits and other programs designed to support our employees.
Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that sustainably manages forests and manufactures high-quality wood products. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of BC and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering.
Our commitment to health and safety, environmental stewardship and community engagement is core to how we do business at Western Forest Products.
Our approach to responsible business practices in all aspects of our business is multi-faceted. We adhere to and employ the most stringent environmental practices in the world. The steps we take to ensure the forests in which we operate are renewed and remain healthy and viable for future generations are mirrored in the care we take to make certain our communities continue to grow and prosper. This includes investing in communities where we operate and continuing to forge mutually beneficial relationships with First Nations in respect of their local and cultural interests.
Western Forest Products US LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Western Forest Products US LLC