Production Team Lead
- $18 to $23 Hourly
Production Team Lead
Western Filament is looking for talented leaders to join our team. We have an immediate full-time position open on our leadership team that offers a unique opportunity for professional growth within our company.
This position reports directly to the Shift Supervisor and collaborates with the rest of the team to develop creative solutions to challenges and focus on continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of urgency, problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data and identify strengths and weaknesses in processes, attention to detail and the ability to remain focused on quality, standard work, efficiencies, and safety. An understanding of LEAN manufacturing OR a willingness to embrace the philosophy is needed. Leadership experience is a must.
Western Filament, Inc is an influential ISO 9001 and AS 9100 manufacturing company in Grand Junction, Colorado. Our focus is to produce high-quality products using synthetic fibers which are targeted for the Motor Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, and Recreational markets. Nearly 95% of the appliances in operation today use our products and our aerospace products fly around the world and are exploring space. We are also a leading manufacturer of high-performance braided fishing lines.
- Ensure everyone meets production requirements during the shift, making every effort to increase productivity and efficiency without compromising quality
- Ensure that everyone in the area of responsibility is aware of daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Report any defective product or mechanical issues to a supervisor immediately
- Make sure everyone is following safety rules and report any safety concerns to management right away
- Follow all verbal and written instructions, maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Follow procedures as written to maintain the company Quality Policy
- Provide feedback to management on process improvement
- Participate in Lean events
- Make sure everyone in the area is keeping a clean, safe work environment.
- Elevate any issues to the supervisor or management whenever necessary.
- Hold daily toolbox talks where daily assignments and safety issues can be discussed.
- Ensure lines have schedules for production and review the quality and work instructions for the products being ran.
- Attend all frontline leadership training
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead others and give directions effectively
- 3 years leadership experience minimum
- High-level attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be an effective communicator
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to motivate others toward goals
- Must be able to identify and correct safety issues
- Work independently with little supervision
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Be able to stand on concrete floors for up to 3.5 hours between breaks
- Be able to lift 40 pounds, stand, bend, and reach throughout the shift
- Be able to work around loud equipment, and wear hearing protection in various areas of the plant
- Must adhere to company attendance and safety policies
- Be willing to wear a hair net or hat
- Be willing to get dirty
- Work around various safe limit odors (solvents, coatings, lubricants, etc.)
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have a valid driver's license or ID card and be authorized to work in the US
- Flexibility to cross-train in other areas of the plant as needed for production goals
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- PTO Accrual
- Incentive/Bonus Pay
Wage Range Based on experience: $18.00 - $23.00/hour with incentive Pay
Western Filament, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Western Filament, Inc. does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant's consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Western FilamentGrand Junction, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.