Western Dental Services, Inc., California's largest dental services provider and one of the nation's largest dental HMO's is looking for a smart, talented System Engineer. Western Dental is seeking a professional with 5 years of experience in the areas of virtualization, storage, backup, identity and access management, cloud technologies, and disaster recovery.
The System Engineer will join Western Dental’s team of over 700 professionals and staff at the corporate headquarters in Orange, California and help support Western Dental’s 300 plus dental clinics.
The System Engineer’s role is to support and optimize the data, server, and storage environment and related components to achieve high availability and performance of all business applications. They will ensure the stability and integrity of company server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all data, server and storage systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a System Engineer.
- Microsoft MCP and VMware VCP certifications desired. MCSE and VCAP a plus.
- Expert knowledge of AD DS and ADFS 3.0. Experience with DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Sites and Services, RODC, WAP and DFS required. Experience with DFS, Office 365, Azure AD, and AADC a plus.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise server administration. Experience with Windows Server 2016/2012R2/2008/2003 required. Experience with IBM and HP platforms a plus. Cisco UCS preferred.
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies. Experience with VMware vSphere 5.5/6.5 required. Experience with vCSA, Horizon View, DRS, HA, vSphere Replication, and SRM required. vROPS is a plus
- Expert knowledge of enterprise SAN systems. Experience with NetApp required. Pure Storage preferred. Experience with CDOT 9.x, Snapshot, SnapMirror, FCP, NFS, iSCSI, CIFS/SMB required. SnapVault, FlexClone a plus.
- Expert knowledge of backup and restoration technologies. Experience with Veeam required. Experience with Zerto preferred.
- Experience working in a large scale, dispersed data center environment and maintaining continuity of operations.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with Information Systems and other business areas to align business requirements with system solutions.
- Require minimal supervision.
- Competent in the use of documentation tools including Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Possess and demonstrate exceptional written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Work well in a fast-paced, always-evolving environment,
- Degree in computer systems a plus.
- Responsible for working with infrastructure, operation, application, and project teams to provide expert technical support of corporate data center systems.
- Work with other administrators in developing and maintaining current Active Directory computer and user policies. Maintain change control management of policy settings and procedures.
- Enforce the company's data security policies.
- Develop and maintain ongoing methods to reduce administrative overhead.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Ensure that data center systems comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
- Monitor and test system performance; provide statistics and reports.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to data center systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Conduct research on data center systems hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Develop and maintain system documentation.
- This position requires flexibility in working hours. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the team.
- Provide end user training where required.