Western Dental Services, Inc., California’s largest dental services provider and one of the nation’s largest dental HMO’s, is looking for a bright, motivated, Visual C++ and .Net Software Programmer. This position requires at least 5 years of professional experience and will provide excellent clerical and administrative support to join Western’s team. Western Dental’s team consists of over 5,000 professionals and nonclinical employees at Western’s corporate headquarters in Orange, California and more than 350 dental clinic locations.
The Senior Programmer will be responsible for development and maintenance of billing system applications, collection management applications, business reports, and business process flow automation. The primary development environment consists of client-server and n-tier web based applications developed in Microsoft Visual C++, .C#, Net, DB2 and SQL Server technologies.
- Analyze business requirements from Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Identify scope of change impact to legacy and strategic applications.
- Provide the Project Manager with reliable estimates for technical work and review risks for completeness and accuracy.
- Design solutions for application components as per the business requirements.
- Develop high quality code and unit test as per the design specifications in non-production environments that meet all project requirements.
- Develop reporting solutions as per the business needs.
- Work with the QA lead to ensure timelines are met, and risk is mitigated.
- Collaborate with QA team, Business Analysts, DBAs, IT Operations to implement the changes in the production environment.
- Support applications in production during business hours, and also provide support after business hours for critical issues and strategic implementations.
- Take ownership of applications and interact with the business community for any issues or enhancements.
- Apply development expertise to everyday development activities to ensure long term scalability and maintainability of products.
- Provide high quality documentation for the changes.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to deliver the projects.