The Business Relationship Management function has the mandate to establish a relationship between IT and the business, and to increase the value realized from IT assets, investments, and capabilities. The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is responsible for understanding the business needs, accountable for prioritizing the demand (IT service requests for production, maintenance, enhancements, projects) and ensuring IT solutions and services meet customer needs. The BRM is the liaison between IT and the business unit, and a trusted advisor. As such, the BRM needs to have knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and the business, and must have a good understanding of the business to identify its needs and envisage business solutions.
- Develop and manage the relationship between Information Technology (IT) and internal and external partners (business units, IT Service Delivery teams, and third party vendors) to drive customer satisfaction
- Accountable for overseeing all IT services to the customer and supports focusing these services to the critical business needs
- Manage IT communications efforts to other departments and the executive leadership team
- For identified problems and issues, navigates through the organization to resolve issues, looks for root cause and, when needed, handles organizational conflicts that impede service delivery
- Ensure the business units understand the technology solution, overall solution delivery, and compliance to governance processes and technology roadmap, etc.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business requirements to the technology teams
- Work with IT stakeholders to pursue opportunities to leverage technology to achieve business unit objectives
- Support effort to develop IT strategies for the business unit that aligns within the overall business strategy
- Ensure the alignment of projects with the technology that provides maximum return of investment (ROI)
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes, and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Follow up and supervise the selection of appropriate solutions. Ensure that the functional requirements are fully met by the solution.