Seasonal Construction Laborer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Western Construction, this position reports directly to the supervisor and is responsible for the safe and efficient performance of various general labor tasks, including but not limited to shoveling, raking, and spreading of construction materials. This position will transfer from one task to another as the workflow dictates. The typical season for this position is April - December
- Competitive and varies on experience
- Hourly pay/overtime eligible
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
- A fun & fast-paced work environment with competitive wages
- Winter savings program
- Paid holidays and paid vacation time
- Seasonal rehire bonuses
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts – health and dependent care
- Aflac supplemental insurance options
- 529 College Savings Plan
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using appropriate tools and equipment for the task with awareness of one’s surroundings
- Safely operate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Assist construction grading crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow, and safely backing/dumping trucks as needed.
- Monitor hazards, such as overhead utilities, while directing trucks.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and materials with shovel
- Follow the direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as a jackhammer, plate compactor, cut-off saw, etc.
- Digs, spreads, and levels construction materials
- Assists in the placement, moving, and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones, and other traffic control devices.
- Cleans tools and equipment as directed.
- Be aware of proper rigging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation
- Follow proper lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Effective teamwork and communication
- Dependable and reliable work attendance
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and physical
- Previous grading or other construction experience is a plus but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A commercial driver's license with tanker endorsement is a plus but not required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Demonstrate and promote safety and proper housekeeping on all job sites
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment as directed by supervisor and safety team
- Ability to work overtime as required, including some weekends
- Willingness to travel
- Maintain acceptable personal hygiene
- Able to physically lift heavy materials (up to 50 pounds) occasionally throughout the work shift with or without assistance
- Frequent walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Standing/working on feet for extended periods and walking across uneven terrain, climbing up and down ladders and stairways
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions and elements, including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, mud, dust, etc.
- Frequent exposure to noise and dust
- Regularly exposed to fuel, oil, and chemicals
- Able to wear personal protective equipment and any other safety-related equipment
- Able to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and overtime as required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Western Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
AddressRapid City, SD
Get fresh Construction Labourer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.