IT Business Analyst
Western Climate Initiative Inc.
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
At WCI, Inc., you can become part of a collaborative and dynamic team supporting the largest carbon market in North America and one of the largest in the world. WCI, Inc. is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst who acts as a liaison between the WCI, Inc. partners and software application vendors to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements and perform technical analyses.
- Create and maintain business, functional, and non-functional requirements documentation.
- Break down high level requirements into use cases/user stories for development.
- Ensure that requirements are understood, knowledge transfer has occurred, and deliverables are met.
- Assist WCI, Inc. IT Project Managers and jurisdiction project leads in planning, executing, monitoring, and closing out projects.
- Be a key contributor to improve existing or new processes and support business process re-engineering efforts that will increase business efficiency and eliminate redundancy.
- Assist the vendor during the testing phase by helping to identify bugs vs missed requirements or new requirements.
- Develop and monitor the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test plan and test cases for end users.
- Develop and deliver the training plan (how to use the application) for end users.
- Assist with post-implementation support including lessons learned, problem resolution, revisions to procedures, and change management.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the management team.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent job experience.
- Possess strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proactive self-started who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with project teams from diverse backgrounds in different geographic locations.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task, while responding to changing demands.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite (MS Office and 365, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project).
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional IT environment.
- Must have strong customer focused skills and possess a service and solution-oriented approach.
- Any combination of experience working with governmental entities, carbon market, tracking and monitoring systems.
- Experience with design tools, business process modeling, unified modeling language (UML), data modeling, application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as JIRA and Confluence, business intelligence, Agile/Scrum principles and process.
- Computer programming experience and the ability to evaluate technologies to meet business needs.
- Familiarity with the Guide to Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BaBoK) and Lean Six Sigma.
The IT Business Analyst may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be in Sacramento, California (headquarter) or Quebec City, Quebec (satellite office) or remote from United States or Quebec.
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity. For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including a summary of qualifications, and a resume in English in PDF format
Western Climate Initiative Inc.
Get fresh Carbon Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.