BIG O TIRES IS HIRING! We are looking for customer service-driven individuals who want to expand their skills in the fast paced automotive industry. Big O Tires is your full service automotive center and we are committed to providing the best service not only to our guests, but to our employees, too!
Automotive Mechanic Position Summary:
Perform service and installation activities associated with store products and services in an accurate and timely manner. Must have a proven track record as a successful mechanic.
Automotive Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates good customer service skills.
- Drive vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
- Services customer's vehicles, in customer service, repairing functions such as checking and filling fluids, checking and replacing filters, lubricating vehicles, oil changes, inspecting/servicing vehicles brake systems, component parts, tires, tire services, battery replacement, lights, steering and suspension, etc.,
- Tires -- Definitions, sizing, sidewall markings, inspection, repair, balancing, inventory, tire ancillary services, TPMS.
- VIP, vehicle inspections, Workflow process, parking lot, bay area navigation, work orders.
- Check and replace various filters and fluids
- Follow all shop safety policies and procedures.
- Explain services and products to customers.
- Look up information for various applications.
- Operate point of sale hardware and software.
- Prepare and inspect work orders, VIP Checklist and Vehicle Inspection Form (Health Check) for completeness.
Automotive Mechanic Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate is preferred.
- Must have a proven track record as a successful mechanic.
- Ability to speak read and write English is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees.
- Good computer skills. Ability to use the company hardware and software.
We offer amazing earnings potential, help us grow our business and grow your income!
PAY GUARANTEE per week or COMMISSION based on parts and labor sales calculated bi-weekly, whichever is greater!
- Medical, Dental Vision
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- 40 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) a year
- Advancement Opportunities
- ASE Certification Assistance
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling
- Service employee discounts
- Gym membership discounts