BIG O TIRES IS HIRING! We are looking for customer service-driven individuals who want to expand their skills in the fast paced automotive industry. Big O Tires is your full service automotive center and we are committed to providing the best service not only to our guests, but to our employees, too!
Automotive General Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates good customer service skills.
- Drive vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
- Perform oil changes, lubricate chassis, check, fill, and replace various fluids/filters, Services customer's vehicles in inspecting, troubleshooting, servicing and replacing items such as, batteries, belts, hoses, lights, fuses, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Parking lot, bay area navigation and vehicle safety.
- Write work orders.
- Tires -- Definitions, sizing, sidewall markings, inspection, repair, installation, balancing, inventory, tire ancillary services, TPM, Inflate tires.
- VIP, vehicle inspections, Workflow process, parking lot, bay area navigation, work orders.
- Follow all shop safety policies and procedures.
- Lifting and lowering best practices.
- Look up information for various applications.
- Operate point of sale (NAVEX) hardware and software.
- Prepare and inspect work orders, VIP Checklist and Vehicle Inspection Form (Health Check) for completeness.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and Federal and State Environmental Regulations.
Automotive General Service Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate is preferred.
- Ability to speak read and write English is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees.
- Good computer skills. Ability to use the company hardware and software.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; work in awkward positions; transfer oneself from one work level to another; and move materials from one height to another.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with matching
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation pay
- 40 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) a year
- Advancement Opportunities
- Life insurance
- ASE Certification Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling
- Service employee discounts
- Gym membership discounts