Western Allied Corporation is seeking a Junior Developer to work in our Controls Division located in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of tasks depending upon the candidate’s qualifications. The ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment are basic requirements. The candidate will be responsible for the development of several software development projects ranging in scope and size. We are looking for energetic, detail oriented individuals who show leadership qualities, enjoy a challenge, and take pride in their work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the development of several IoT server and device applications.
- Assist in the development of control network diagramming software.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and optimize code.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
- Create user manuals and technical bulletins for new and existing programs.
- Provide inside technical support and user training for new and existing programs.
- Periodically assist other engineers in control application programming and network integration.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Node.js or Java development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of Node.js, Spring, Bootstrap, Angular, or other programming frameworks.
- Experience with Linux and macOS operating systems
- Familiarity with MQTT, LonWorks, BACnet, and Modbus communication protocols and networks
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and relational databases such as MySQL and SQL Server.
- Familiarity with Visio and VBA