The Industrial Data Communications Market is a focus for Westermo globally, and the growing North America team is actively seeking a Regional Sales Manager to play a key role in strengthening and developing Westermo’s position in the North American market. This is a high-potential opportunity for a winning team player who will help drive Westermo’s market expansion to provide the world’s best industrial networks.
Build and manage a key geographic region for the subsidiary while providing growth within territory as defined by prospecting of target markets and customers. Work with management to establish a territory plan and executing against that plan for critical growth. Monitoring and reporting of sales, prospecting, and efforts within the territory as well as sharing market intelligence. Travel for this position is likely 50%+ both locally and within the region, so being based within the main territory is preferable. Additionally, travel may be required at times throughout North America and internationally.
The day-to-day tasks will involve understanding a customer’s networking needs and recommending a solution based on Westermo’s products, helping with basic network design, support of the Westermo Sales Team efforts, and successfully closing business.
- Several years’ experience working within the industrial data communications markets or related field, preferably building, growing, and managing a territory of $3M+ USD.
- Degree level of education in Business, Engineering, or related field strongly preferred. Professional sales training beneficial, Miller Heiman, Pragmatic Institute, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience within Industrial Automation, B2B, Rail, Utility Market, and Local Government Agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken are a prerequisite; Spanish and/orPortuguese language skills would be beneficial.
- Person of high integrity and honesty, with strong ethical approach to sales
- Proven ability to meet and exceed territory sales quotas, year-over-year
- A true proactive “Hunter” attitude and mindset
- A self-motivator used to working remotely in the field
- Organized and well thought out sale strategy pursuits
- Demonstrable history of success while working within complex sales environments with potential long sales cycles
- Experience selling to all levels within an organization
- Proven ability to educate, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to understand and communicate with engineers
- Ability to generate and develop new business
- Willingness to travel 50%+ of the time
- Unrivaled customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational skills to manage a portfolio of clients
- Excellent presentation skills
- Success-oriented, persistent, resilient, and reliable
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience and commitment to using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com
Other Important Notes
· Westermo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
· Travel: North America approximately 50% and Internationally on a periodic basis
· Due to the travel requirements, it is necessary that the individual is based near a major airport hub, with access to cover territory quickly
Westermo is a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of industrial communications solutions technology. Sales are conducted through offices in key markets in North America, Europe, and Asia, as well as through distributors worldwide. All development and production take place in Sweden at the company's global headquarters. Westermo’s North American headquarters is in Elgin, Illinois, just outside the city of Chicago.
Why Work Here?Westermo designs and manufactures industrial data communication devices and solutions for applications in the most physically challenging environments. The products are used both in social infrastructure, such as transport, water, and energy, as well as in process industries, such as mining, oil refining, and petrochemical. Westermo is a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of industrial communications solutions technology. Sales are conducted through offices in key markets in North America, Europe, and Asia, as well as through distributors worldwide. All development and production take place in Sweden at the company's global headquarters. Westermo’s North American headquarters is in Elgin, Illinois, just outside the city of Chicago.
Tight-knit local company with global support!