- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To excel in the tasks specific to this essential role, as well as participate and help develop our WCCU Cares culture. You would be responsible for providing outstanding service to our members and to our internal staff (#TeamWCCU). Your actions will directly contribute to our goal of caring about our members, their financial needs, and our community. The position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Manager; prepare, and assemble forms, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports; coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments, and conference calls. The Position assists in the organization and execution of Human Resource projects and functions; supervises administrative personnel as required and in the absence of a HR Manager helps to facilitate CU HR programs and employee counseling.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all assigned administrative duties.
- Prepares and assembles a variety of documents including memos, forms, presentations, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Updates all documents with changes in staff.
- Maintains and audits all personnel files.
- Audits all benefit information to keep up to date.
- Manages and scans all termination files into the system.
- Assists with Human Resources projects
- Maintains correspondence, memos, records, and reports.
- Assumes responsibility for preparing and maintaining assigned records, reports, and web platforms.
- Assembles, tabulates, calculates, and maintains reporting and statistical data on a regular and special basis.
- Prepares documents and reports.
- Maintains, updates, and audits all web platforms used in Human Resources
- Assembles internal reports submitted to Human Resources Manager and Senior Management.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective business relations with members, vendors, and the general public.
- Resolves requests, complaints, and problems or refers them appropriately.
- Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the Credit Union.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relations with Management and Staff.
- Assists Credit Union staff as needed. Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Keeps Human Resources Manager informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Keeps Human Resources Manager properly apprised of the status of projects and ensures that deadlines are met.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
- Represents Human Resources at assigned meeting or functions
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Actively works to foster teamwork throughout the Credit Union
- Actively participates in volunteerism and Credit Union events
- Effectively facilitates conflict resolution
- Reports are accurate, well written and promptly completed.
- Administrative support functions are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Effective communication and coordination exists with Human Resources Manager.
- Department functions are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union procedures and policies.
- Good coordination and effective working relations exist with all Credit Union personnel.
- All records assigned are current, accurate, and organized.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Some college or advanced organizational management training preferred.
Basic knowledge of Human Resources.
Understanding of document formats, spreadsheets, and business communications.
(Some experience in HR operations a plus)
Four or more years of progressive related experience.
Highly proficient in various computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics/presentations.
Excellent oral and written communications abilities.
Excellent interpersonal and member service skills.
Well organized, attentive to detail, and able to work well independently.
Positive, can-do attitude
Caring & community-oriented
Strong Service & Sales skills showing a desire for our Members to succeed
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING:Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES:
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office.)
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
Able to interpret various instructions.
Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Westerly CCU