Customer Service Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have excellent customer service skills and are looking for a challenging, supportive, and positive workplace? If so, read on, as we may have an opportunity for you!
Westchester Veterinary Center is a growing clinic with current job openings. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, knowledge of veterinary clinics, genuine enjoyment of people, and a positive attitude.
We are hiring for a part-time (20-25 hours/week) position that can move to full-time in the future.
Please read the job description carefully and apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
The Client Service Representative is often the first point of contact with clients so exceptional service skills are required. The Client Service Representative must be friendly, professional, courteous, always show urgency and appropriate concern
- Greet clients in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Answer multi-line phone system and direct the calls accordingly
- Obtain medical and other information from referring vets
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Check patients in the hospital according to schedule and prepare patient files
- Notify appropriate departments that patients have arrived
- Make sure the lobby and reception areas are organized and neat, including stocking and cleaning areas for clients
- Obtain deposits and other payments from clients
- Client admission and check out
- Print and distribute daily schedules
- Mail out prescriptions
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Customer Service
- Cash handling
- Professional appearance
- Smiles and positive attitude
- Computer and business system proficiency
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Phone systems
• At least 1 year in a customer service role
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Veterinary field, terminology, and protocols a plus
• Working effectively in a team
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job
- Frequently position self and move about the reception area to file, use office machinery such as fax, scanners and computers, and assist clients with merchandise
- Frequently transports inventory to stock shelves.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Often transport patients to weigh on scales
- Frequently required to communicate with clients, team members and associates. Must be able to exchange accurate information
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to hazards associated with aggressive patients, hazards associated with infected animals and controlled substances; exposure to unpleasant odors and noises; exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes; possible exposure to contagious diseases
Westchester Veterinary Care and Cat Clinic
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Westchester Veterinary Care and Cat Clinic