Westchester Parents Nursery School, a Cooperative Learning Center (WPNS) is looking for a Preschool Teacher; Full-time and part-time
WPNS’ educational philosophy is that of a “play-based” school and centers around the social-emotional development of children rather than academics. Our Teachers prepare children for Kindergarten using hands-on techniques, experiences, and project-based learning.
By creating a cooperative atmosphere of respectful communication and support, our families develop community and friendships that carry on for years to come. Our mission is to instill a love of learning in both our children and their families, that prepares them to confidently approach challenges in diverse settings. We structure the learning environment and curriculum to recognize and appreciate the individual qualities of each child.
When you Join WPNS as a Teacher you will:
· Become a part of an amazing community
· Become an integral part of the Teaching Team
· Create an environment where children can truly play and be themselves
· Be in a place where you can grow, enhance your teaching skills, implement new ideas and plans to be an innovative teacher.
Required Skills and Experience:
· A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
· Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
· The ability to be a role model and mentor to the Parents who work side-by-side with the Teaching Team.
· The ability to effectively multi-task and remain flexible so that needs of the children can be met within the flow of the day.
· Must hold at least 24 units in Child Development, Administration units a plus.
· American Red Cross Certification in CPR (infant, child and adult) and Community First Aid or willingness to obtain.
· 1 to 2 years Early Childhood Education Experience, Co-Op Preschool Experience a plus.
· Must meet state-specific guidelines for the role
o Online Mandated reporter training
o Online IPM class
· Maintaining a physically healthy condition to be able to pick up children weighing up to 45 pounds as needed, and to play actively with them.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, speak clearly, see both near and far with depth perception, and hear at a conversation level.