At Westcan, we dedicate ourselves to delivering complete, customer-driven transportation solutions. Since 1964, our team of industry professionals has worked to build a reputation for safety, on time delivery and unparalleled customer service. Staying true to this tradition is what keeps Westcan driving for excellence.
Our vision will revolutionize transportation and logistics within the liquid bulk industry through its national scale, advanced technology and an uncompromising commitment to be the employers of choice.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as the Safety Advisor you will be working out of your truck and be visible on the road. Extensive travel is required. You are responsible to provide safety support and services to our hauling businesses in our Ontario region. Duties include, but are not limited to, driver training, evaluations and support of the performance management program, regular customer site inspections, incident prevention, emergency response, incident and accident investigation and reporting. This Safety Advisor will spend up to 100% of their time each week in the field working alongside our professional truck drivers and customers. Preference will be given to local residents around Hamilton, Kitchener or London.
What’s in it for you:
- Very competitive compensation including immediate company paid benefit package for you and your family
- We offer a wide range of other employee programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP matching program, annual bonus opportunities and scholarships opportunities for your children
- Referral reward payments up to $2,000 available per successful hire (certain conditions apply)
- We are a fun team and maintain a family like atmosphere
- We listen to your ideas and give you an opportunity to make changes
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety and lead by example every day through actively caring about one another
What you bring:
- Three (3) years’ related safety experience in the transportation industry is considered an asset
- Ability to be on call to attend to incidents that occur
- Must be ok with working on its own for majority of time and be a self-starter
- Ability to train and communicate to larger groups
- Ability to track and report weekly activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient written communication skills to accurately articulate the events, results and investigation of incidents to both internal and external audiences
- Good working knowledge of the transportation industry and its operation with knowledge of a variety of commodities including dangerous goods
- First Aid certification is required
- Proficient in a Windows system environment
- OH&S Certificate or courses is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the dispatch system, TMW, is an asset