At Westcan, we dedicate ourselves to delivering complete, customer-driven transportation solutions. Since 1964, our team of industry professionals has worked to build a reputation for safety, on time delivery and unparalleled customer service. Staying true to this tradition is what keeps Westcan driving for excellence.
Our Professional Truck Drivers haul various liquid and dry bulk commodities including, anhydrous ammonia (NH3), asphalt, fuel, grains and fertilizers, and propane among others. At any given time, we have openings for Seasonal, Rotational and Full Time Professional Truck Drivers to haul bulk commodities throughout the Western Provinces, Ontario and Northern Canada.
What’s in it for you?
- A very competitive BASE RATE of $30 per hour for full-time positions plus add-ons for NIGHT SHIFT, CITY DELIVERIES, US HAULS and certain PRODUCT/TRAILER premiums. Tenure premiums kick! in after 1 (one) year of employment.
- Seasonal rate starts at $26.50 per hour, rotational rate starts at $27.00 per hour
- Immediate benefits for full time or rotational positions
- Quarterly Good Operations Bonus is available to drivers based on incident free driving along with an annual Driver of the Year monetary award and gala
- We provide a yearly uniform and boots allowance
- Referral reward payments up to $2,000 available per successful hire (certain conditions apply)
- We are a fun team and maintain a family like atmosphere
- We listen to your ideas and give you an opportunity to make changes
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety and lead by example every day through actively caring about one another
- We offer a wide range of other employee programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP matching program, annual bonus opportunities and scholarships opportunities for your children
- Airfare to and from the driver’s residence and place of employment for seasonal and rotational drivers
What you bring:
- Class 1 (1Z/AZ) driver’s license with a minimum of 2 years’ 7 or 8 axle driving experience
- Experience hauling liquid or dry bulk products an asset
- Ability and willingness to chain-up tires when necessary or required
- Safety conscious approach to all job duties
- Willingness to sleep in bunk unit if needed
- A self-starter with a highly energetic results oriented work style