Seeking a Telecommunications and Cable Lead Technician that will be responsible for maintaining network connectivity and performance by installing new cable infrastructure; performing adds, moves, and changes; repairing existing communications issues; troubleshooting problems;leading team members.
- Accomplishes network infrastructure work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees.
- Meets network infrastructure work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and network infrastructure standards;monitoring and evaluating network infrastructure staff actions.
- Manages projects by collecting scope of work and paperwork; verifying materials required; coordinating technicians to complete the project; resolving field issues with clients, staff, and other contractors.
- Establishes new network infrastructure designs by understanding overall site design associated with telecommunications project; leading the installing of voice, data, and fiber structured cabling, as well as communications equipment and telecommunications facilities.
- Repairs existing network infrastructures by leading the troubleshooting, testing, diagnosing of problems; communicating solution; completing repairs.
- Establishes network performance by leading the testing of physical layer for continuity; creating test data; saving test results; preparing results for client.
- Accomplishes field staff results by completing project-related tasks.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
- The Lead Communications Technician must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s)
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).