Fourslide Set-Up Operator Responsibilities:
· Set-up and maintenance of production tooling including but not limited to first piece quality submission.
· Set-up, adjust & operate Fourslide machines (V81 & V82 experience preferred).
· Make minor repairs & adjustments to machine tools & equipment as required to support production demands.
· Alert supervisor when there is a conflict in scheduling, machine maintenance and or tool maintenance on production tooling.
· Assist in the standardization of machine component inventory. Cams, tool holders, cut-off components.
· Ability to make minor repairs & adjustments to machine tools & equipment as required to support production demands.
· Assist as requested in the development of project/tool estimates (quotes).
· Assist department tool & die makers with trouble shooting and analysis.
· Assist in the development and implementation of Lean, 5s and SDWT projects.
· Assist company managers as requested on all metal stamping and fourslide programs.
· Alert supervisor on updates and corrections needed on job travelers for operation changes/additions.
· Observes Company processes and makes recommendations for improvement
· Participates in Lean Projects
Four-Slide Operator Requirements
· High School, Trade School graduate or demonstrated equivalent skills
· Minimum of 5 years experience in set-up, trouble shooting, and production operation of Multi-Slide/Fourslide/Verti-Slide machines
· Ability to read-understand blue prints as needed for production manufacturing.
· ASQ Certified Calibration Technician preferred but not required
· Ability to Set-up, adjust & operate Fourslide machines (V81 & V82)
· Working knowledge and practical experience with the use of statistical process control in a production environment
· An understanding of manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, lean manufacturing and its components (i.e. Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, etc)
· Familiar with principles of concurrent engineering and design for manufacturing and assembly
· Experience with production standards, cost of quality and manufacturing methods
· Detail and task driven work ethic