WestRock \(NYSE: WRK\) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace\. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia\. Learn more at www\.westrock\.com \.
Sales Representative \- Fargo, ND
4637 16th Ave NW, PO Box 2884
Fargo, North Dakota, 58102
The WestRock Sales Team is seeking an experienced sales professional from the corrugated industry\. The Sales Representative will be responsible for building new business in the Fargo, ND area\. The potential for growth is unlimited\!
You will report directly to the Sales Manager and collaborate with functional teams: sales, finance, customer service, design, production, shipping and administration\. In addition, you will interface and respond as appropriate with corporate functions including Corporate Strategic Accounts and Sales & Marketing\.
How you will impact WestRock:
- You will work with the team to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins\.
- Define and execute business strategies for profitably growing existing business and generating new business\. Qualifies and develops new business opportunities within territory\. Closes new business opportunities to assure goal attainment\.
- Co\-lead key sales initiatives for larger accounts or strategic accounts\. Coordinate with other Sales and Marketing personnel as needed\.
- Develop strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning company product, price and strategies\.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to self\-development of selling skills in the areas of priority setting, negotiating and problem solving\.
- Work closely with local management to identify and pursue opportunities for other WestRock plants with specialty products or more appropriate logistics or equipment\.
- Work closely with customer service department to ensure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated\.
- Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation\.
- Consult with management to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on RFPs that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlined for the year\.
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives in conjunction with Finance to adhere to Company policies\.
- Control individual travel and entertainment expenses that adhere to yearly budget\.
- Actively pursue cost reduction/margin improvement activities in accounts
- Ensure appropriate levels of inventory are maintained for warehouse customers as well as insuring prompt disposition of aged inventory\.
- 3\-5 years B2B sales experience with demonstrated success\.
- Corrugated packaging industry experience preferred\.
- Superb sales, customer service, administrative and verbal and written communication skills required\.
- Must possess a strong business and financial background and be process and results\-driven\.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging, Marketing, Business or related field preferred\.
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies is required\.
- This position will require occasional overnight travel\.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work\.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans\.