Bulk Cryogenic Driver-CDL A
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 to $33 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
The primary function of the bulk Driver is to safely and efficiently deliver cryogenic gases within the company and customer locations and fill bulk tanks with cryogenic liquid gases.
Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Promote and comply with Safety Policies and Operating Procedures
- Drive Commercial Motor Vehicle (tractor-trailer) combination, usually long distances, to transport and off-load compressed and
- liquefied industrial gases to customers or to storage sites in a safe, timely, accurate, and courteous manner
- Load micro bulk tanks and fill customer-owned micro bulk tanks as assigned.
- Report all accidents, possible injuries, safety issues, driving citations, and customer complaints, including service interruptions, immediately to their supervisor
- Comply with all facility and corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain awareness of all Federal, State, and Local regulations and consistently comply with these regulations. Report suspected Regulatory violations or offenses to his/her appropriate manager
- Perform pre & post-trip inspections to identify any maintenance action that may be required and acts appropriately if action is needed
- Operate all equipment per company and/or manufacturer guidelines to maximize equipment life cycle and minimize maintenance costs
- Complete and submit reports as required by the DOT and/or company policy
- Maintain a clean and professional personal and vehicle appearance.
- High School Diploma or GED and one or more years of related experience.
- Class A w/ Hazmat License
- One (2) or more year's prior experience as a bulk driver
- Must possess all applicable Haz-Mat (Hazardous Materials) endorsements
- Product knowledge of cryogenic, compressed, and specialty gases, preferred
- Successful completion and passing of DOT written regulations and road tests
- Computer skills or ability to improve competence
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds. Reasonable manual dexterity for pushing, turning, and/or pulling controls and valves. Work in various inside and outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards. Can operate a motor vehicle, machines, and other hand tools and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Daily long haul within company regions; San Diego, Central Valley, Yuma
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary. Required to work overnights and occasional days as needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WestAir Gases and Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WestAir Gases & Equipment
AddressCity of Industry, CA
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?