West Yost provides high-quality client services in water supply, water and wastewater treatment, groundwater, stormwater, and recycled water. Our professionals provide complete water engineering, science, and technology services from nine offices in California, Oregon, and Arizona – bringing innovative and collaborative approaches to deliver higher value projects and programs.
We are the largest engineering firm located solely on the West Coast, providing services only to the water sector. Our staff includes certified or registered professionals in civil, mechanical, chemical, and electrical engineering; water and wastewater treatment planning and design; geology, engineering geology, and hydrogeology; architecture; GIS; land surveying; control system cybersecurity; and construction management and inspection services.
The Marketing Coordinator will lead competitive pursuit teams and work on a variety of proposals at every stage of the pursuit process, bringing additional value and marketing perspective to pursuits through writing, editing, layout, and design. This position will also provide professional marketing services that result in the production of strategically focused, professional-looking qualifications documents such as proposals, presentations, and statements of qualification. This position also provides research and documentation of opportunities and to locate information that assists in sales and marketing planning.
This team supports firmwide marketing, public relations, advertising, web, and social media functions.
Preferred location for this position is Davis, CA. However, this role can be based out of any of our California office locations.
Other duties include:
- Coordinating the development, organization, and production of proposals and marketing materials such as presentation materials, resumes, and brochures.
- Evaluating technical content to ensure that it satisfies the RFP requirements/evaluation criteria, writing/editing proposal sections, and independently evaluates and clarifies client requests prior to submitting materials.
- Proofreading and editing technical and non-technical documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Providing graphic design and desktop publishing, and working with graphic designers to develop more complex materials.
- Coordinating visual marketing strategies including but not limited to: graphics, proposal covers, brochures, boards, website, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintaining both marketing/CRM database information.
- Updating pursuit opportunities in marketing database, arranging and participating in Go/No-Go discussions, and distributing weekly pursuit activity reports.
- Conduct business development and marketing research, capturing relevant data in reports.
- Generating and distributing meeting minutes for proposal teams, planning/managing assignments, collecting and organizing proposal contents.
- Providing administrative support including word-processing, desktop publishing, and graphic design skills to produce proposals and presentations.
- Effectively progressing on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field a plus.
- 2-5 years of marketing and proposal preparation experience at a mid-size to large Architecture, Engineering, or Construction (AEC) firm is preferred.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Deltek CRM to capture and analyze client and opportunity data and SharePoint.
- Prior experience in coordinating and/or leading pursuits.
- Superior skills in technical writing, and knowledge of the RFQ, RFP, proposal process, time management, organizing, proofreading, and editing.
- Strong graphic design capabilities.
- Strong personal initiative and problem-solving skills.
West Yost Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employee owned, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.