West Wind provides great fun for the whole family. From drive-ins where you can view the latest movies in digital projection with a "nostalgic" feel, and public markets where you can find great items at incredible prices. We are currently seeking a General Manager in Training to join our team. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a hospitality and food service professional with 2-3 years of hospitality management experience.
How can YOU contribute to our unique company with multiple locations in CA, NV and AZ?
You must be self-motivated, positive, and possess a passion for fostering a great sense of teamwork and a talent for leading and inspiring others.
The General Manager in Training is responsible for learning and understanding the overall operations of the location with the end goal of becoming a General Manager. They will assist the General Manager in performing all duties and responsibilities of the General Manager. This includes providing leadership, seamless customer service and guest experiences, optimizing profitability and providing a safe and positive work environment. This position is to provide leadership through coaching and developing employees, providing guidance and communicating the Company’s standards, expectations, vision and values to employees. Successful Trainees will have proficient skills to become a General Manager in 6 to 12 months. Promotion to General Manager will be based on position availability and Trainee flexibility with regards to location.
We are currently looking for a GMIT to train and work at our Coliseum Public Market in Oakland, CA.
- College degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience as a restaurant, public market, or movie theater manager, hands on management style, the ability to develop and lead an exceptional team, a passion for hospitality and a proven ability to drive sales and obtain results.
- Food Handler’s Certification required, or must be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Team building skills of empathy, building of self-esteem, motivational techniques, coaching and empowerment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to write reports business correspondences, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel.
- Analytical ability for statistics, forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of all POS systems
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
Please include a resume with your salary range requirements for position consideration.
For more information, please visit our website at www.westwinddi.comNo unsolicited phone calls or resumes from recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes received will be deemed the property of our Company and no recruiting and/or placement fees will be paid out should the forwarding of said material result in hire.
#ZR #FT #CB