Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implements the school's program of study.
2. Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning.
3. Utilizes instructional management systems models which increase student learning.
4. Monitors student progress toward mastery of instructional goals and objectives.
5. Communicates effectively within the educational community and with parents.
6. Meets professional responsibilities.
7. Maintain professional work habits.
8. Assist with the efficient operation of the school.
9. Provide information and/or conducts pupil assessments as a member of the school team.
10. Prepare for IEP meetings by reviewing pertinent pupil information.
11. Utilize IEP’s in developing lesson plans.
12. Use testing information to create an academic profile of each student showing skill gaps.
13. Plan and provide prescriptive learning experiences to overcome identified skill gaps for each student.
14. Performs satisfactorily all indicators of attainment of the performance standards for teachers in State Board Policy 5310.
15. Performs other necessary and desirable job-related duties as assigned by the principal.
Holds or qualifies for a professional teaching certificate endorsed for grades 9-12, in one or more of the following: ELA, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science or Special Education defined by State Board Policy 5202. Demonstrates a high level of ability in the areas of assessment and instruction. Chosen applicant will pursue alternative education endorsement
1. Knowledge of Option Pathway and virtual course delivery.
2. Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements; (b) work within the special setting of a DOC operated Youth Reporting Center; and (c) work as part of a treatment team in collaboration with others.
1. The staff member works effectively as a member of an educational team, which is integrated, with the total
treatment program provided by Division of Corrections/Bureau of Juvenile Services.
2. The staff member demonstrates self-control.
3. The staff member exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
4. The staff member is ethical.
5. The staff member demonstrates good work habits.
6. The staff member demonstrates effective writing and oral presentation skills.
7. The staff member demonstrates expertise in areas of responsibility.
8. The staff member demonstrates computer literacy.
NOTE: Candidates for employment must complete a cover letter, resume and official application form. The application may be downloaded at http://wvde.state.wv.us/wvde-vacancies/ or obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 304-558-2702.
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the State Superintendent of Schools and are state employees. No representative or employee of the state is authorized to enter into any employment contract or other agreement. Department staff work under the direction of the State Superintendent of Schools for the general supervision of the free schools in the state and implementing the policies of the board and other necessary tasks as determined by the State Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. Each employee is at-will and subject to termination by the State Superintendent of Schools at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation.
The employment relationship between the State Superintendent of Schools and the employee may be terminated by either party. Reasons for termination by the State Superintendent of Schools include, but are not limited to, immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or a guilty plea or a plea of no contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies of the state board, lack of need, or a lack or loss of funding.
Term of position
$47,313.60 - $79,976.40 based on the 2019-2020 Wood County Salary Schedule, commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
Closing Date (by 4:00pm Eastern Daylight Time)
November 28, 2019
Department of Education staff are employed upon recommendation of the State Superintendent of School
Office of Human Resources
WV Dept. of Education
Building 6, Room 308
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0330