*Please note that this role is office based in Manhattan. All candidates will be expected to commute or relocate as needed.
Our high growth rate reflects a company-wide entrepreneurial attitude, innovative problem solving, organizational excellence, team focus, and processes. We pride ourselves on our culture and a “team first” mentality and we believe that understanding and maintaining boundaries strengthen the relationships we have with sub-contractors, architectural/design teams and our clients.
West Village GC has a clear mission: to be the most highly regarded construction team in NYC and is currently rated #1 on HOUZZ -
If this speaks to you and you would like to become an active participant in a dynamic, rewarding and progressive team; please complete our online application either here or through our website at www.westvillagegc.com. We would like to meet you!
- Accurate & Timely Documentation
- Accurate & Timely Recording
Research, create, catalog, distribute and follow up on information generated by the project team.
Paper and electronic information is named and filed in the correct location for ease of access to PM and any other WVGC personnel. Information is distributed effectively to your team. Each task is fully executed with all corresponding details; nothing is left hanging in the air.
Coordinate documentation between Architect and the Site:
- Track and document and alert the PM to changes to project scope:
- Generate and track RFI’s, Submittals, AWO’s.
- Update PM and Site Super on scheduling, deliveries, lead times, dependencies and all specification and plan changes as they occur.
- Weekly Timeline and Budget update for PM.
- C/O log is 100% current so accurate invoices can be sent out.
- Client Budget Tracker is 100% current.
- PM is consistently informed of the status of open items, in-progress items and can easily find completed information.
- Negotiate to improve pricing and maintain budgets with vendors and sub-contractors.
- Work with PM on delivery schedules and understand dependencies.
- You are accountable to your PM for all purchases arriving on site on time as per the project timeline and understanding all dependencies.
- Alert all parties to changes in schedule or important dependencies
- Constantly develop and improve processes.
- All insurance documents up to date and filed correctly for your projects.
- All sub-contractor agreements up to date and filed correctly for your projects.
- Create, coordinate and manage site meeting agendas and minutes.
- Create, coordinate and manage Site Binder and closeout binder for each job.
- Maintain timeline for each project and provide updates to architect.
- Create, coordinate and manage delay log for each project.
- Create, coordinate and manage Photo log for weekly client distribution.
- Create, coordinate and manage the Trade Payment Forecast for each job.
- Order and track all component materials for job completion.
- Crosscheck all pricing and specification prior to ordering with the jobs Bid Set Specification and the Contract Bid. Alert estimating to any discrepancies.
- Account for long lead items when developing your ordering schedule and alert your PM of impact to timeline and dependencies.
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Able to understand and analyze drawings
- Create take-offs to determine materials required and details of work to be performed based on architect/designer specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook
- Excels in team environment
- Able to leave ego at the door
- Confidence and diplomacy in managing clients, designers and architects expectations
- Ability to relay information clearly and concisely to the Site Super
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work within timelines and deal with unexpected situations calmly and effectively
- Ability to get along with all kinds of people
- Evangelist for our Core Values
- Do it once
- Be accountable
- Always be learning
West Village GC is built on our Core Values!
West Village GC’s culture is the foundation of our business and our culture is based on our 5 Core Values. Our Core Values don’t stop at the end of the workday or week. They surround our lives and guide how we conduct ourselves both inside and outside of the business environment.
• Do It Once
Plan ahead, do it once and get it right. Accuracy is everything.
• Be Accountable
Own the outcome of your actions, choices, and thinking.
Speak up! Be candid even when it’s difficult. Communicate in more detail and more
frequently than anyone expects.
• Always be learning
Be open-minded, encourage new ideas from your team and pursue both personal and professional development. Read!
Care about yourself, your team and our clients. Care about every detail.