Summary: Performs both Teller and Platform transactions, with an emphasis on complex banking transactions. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of bank products and is able to open, service accounts and identify cross selling opportunities to both new and/or existing customers. Provides leadership support, including mentoring and training team members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Consistently provides exceptional customer service. Engages customers in the lobby and takes ownership of customer experience, fulfilling customer transactions on the teller and platform systems. Proficient in handling moderate to complex transactions.
- Develops and expands customer relationships by proactively identifying customer needs and offering advice and appropriate financial solutions to help customers achieve their financial goals. Offers a full range of consumer and business products/services, including deposit accounts, consumer loans and credit cards, real estate secured loans, business accounts, IRA’s, and/or fiduciary accounts.
- Proficient in WSB’s products and services and utilizes advanced knowledge to identify opportunities to refer existing customers and prospects to Wealth Management, Cash Management and other internal business units.
- Demonstrates and promotes the use of WSB technology, including WSB Xpress machines and digital banking services such as Mbanking and Online bill pay. Helps customers with digital banking enrollment and general problem resolution.
- Initiates and ensures successful onboarding of customers to WSB through the use of phone calls, E-mail, and mailings.
- Competently handles complex customer issues and concerns to the point of resolution, with minimal supervision. Makes appropriate decisions in the absence of the manager/supervisor.
- Uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from other internal departments. Knowledgeable of and able to navigate through deposit and teller automation applications. Provides customer guidance and navigation through various delivery channels.
- Participates in the branch auditing process, including but not limited to, auditing cash drawers and cash vaults. Demonstrates operational excellence by helping the branch achieve satisfactory risk assessments and audits.
- Maintains operational signing and approval, and wire transfer authority.
- Regularly participates in outside bank functions, including but not limited to Bank at Work, bank sponsored functions and community events.
- Provides leadership support by assisting management with the day to day operations, providing oversight and transaction approvals in the absence of a supervisor, and leading team huddles as assigned. Role models WSB core values, and regularly provides training, mentoring, and coaching to less experienced staff members.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during branch hours of operation and at other branches as needed.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of Universal Banker or Personal Banker experience with demonstrated progression in knowledge and responsibility;
- Working knowledge of advanced banking topics, including lending, business accounts, IRA’s and/or fiduciary accounts required;
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to mentor and develop others;
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed the standards of both the teller and platform functions on the position;
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Subject to SAFE Act requirements;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, stand, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran