Aircraft Maintenance Technician III- Centennial, CO
West Star Aviation Englewood, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Now hiring an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Technician III to work in our APA service center in completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and inspections to complex modifications and repairs on various types of corporate aircraft.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform general to complex maintenance tasks on assigned aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but is not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advanced level of knowledge, training of junior level technicians, or troubleshooting repairs.
- Examines, disassembles, and inspects engines, parts, or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks, or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components, and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repairs replace, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassembles, and or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Minimum of 3 years current experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing and repairing corporate aircraft.
- FAA A&P License and high school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license approved for airline travel and a valid passport is required, along with a clean driving record.
- Prefer candidates who possess an Associate Degrees in Aviation Maintenance or related area of study plus Citation-specific experience or training.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to include nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Work schedule assignments will be made based on business needs along with the demonstrated level of knowledge, skills and experience.
- Must be able to read, write, interpret and speak the English language.
- Complete work under WSA standard operating procedures, quality requirements, aircraft manuals, and FAA regulations.
- Adhere to general work & safety rules.
- Be self-motivated, able to work well in a team-oriented environment, and take pride in work performed.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, sound decision-making, and understand the man hours assigned by job and assign tasks to technicians based on their level of knowledge to meet or stay under the hours for the overall project.
- Possess the ability to identify an obstacle or potential problem before it happens, devise a plan, and apprise management. Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be customer-oriented.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs or more.
- Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or stooping.
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands. Work is performed in a hangar environment subject to extreme temperature variations from very cold to very hot.
West Star Aviation
TravelView all jobs at West Star Aviation