APA- Denver Lead, Aircraft Maintenance Technician
West Star Aviation Englewood, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This hourly, non-exempt position requires the knowledge of turbine engine and aircraft systems. It includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system work, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanical applications. Supervision of the team and direction of project flow will be a primary function. Work order processing, log book entries. Job duties will vary each day and will encompass projects as designated by the Team Leader. Will be required to work independently and lead multiple projects. Will have direct customer contact.
· Perform general mechanical functions on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work and sheet metal repair or installation.
· Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft when designated.
· Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated.
· Aircraft movement, performance runs and taxiing when required.
· Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling to support operations.
· Work independently on projects and lead multiple projects as assigned. Schedule and work quality are essential in these functions.
· Work with customer in project management, pricing and customer support roles.
· Supervise team members in daily work and project management for completion of projects.
· Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Airframe and Powerplant License.
Aircraft specific factory training preferred.
Airframe and Powerplant license minimum.
3-5 years prior experience aircraft maintenance.
5-10 years turbine aircraft experience.
Experience in supervision of four or more team members.
FAA paperwork, work orders.
Valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal.
Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
Process work with minimum supervision.
Lead and provide incentive to other team members.
Work directly with customers.
Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments.
Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Direct the work and flow of multiple projects.
Supervision of team members in daily operations and duties.
Completion of work orders, FAA paperwork.
Other mechanics in assigned department or other departments.
Lead Mechanic of other teams assigned to project, Team Leader, Operations Manager.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
Lift at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
Basic personal computer operations.
Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
Troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
Work with others in a professional manner.
Team management skills.
Will directly supervise multiple technicians.
Will work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Operations Manager.
Work with other Team Leaders on multiple projects in a cooperative manner.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Personal hand tools supplied by the mechanic.
Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
Personal computer and work order prints.
West Star Aviation
Real EstateView all jobs at West Star Aviation