The Communications Coordinator for West Side United Methodist Church is an integral part of our
staff team. This person is responsible for many technical and digital areas of church life in order to
help make everything move more smoothly and to communicate effectively through worship,
website, and social media. This person is accountable to the Pastor as head of staff and the Staff
Parish Relations Committee.
● Develop, oversee, and maintain a cohesive & effective communications strategy.
● Cultivate means of targeted advertising both free and paid. (A knowledge of Google
Adwords, Facebook marketing, and MissionInsite would be huge plusses.)
● Manage and promote church social media streams (website, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
● Help to ensure that worship is excellent through preparation of compelling worship
projections. (This includes weekly worship, memorial services, weddings, and other
worship opportunities as they arise.)
● Support staff, teams and committees within the life of the church when called upon.
● This is an eight to twelve hour per week position.
Leave and Professional Development—
Two weeks paid vacation per year. Professional Development funds available upon written request
through the Staff Parish Relations Committee budget and approval of the Lead Pastor.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Reverend Tim Ziegler (at your
earliest convenience and no later than November 8 for consideration. This position is open until it