Temporary Construction Assistant
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports To: I&R Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assists I&R Foreman and I&R Technicians with service installs and maintenance of broadband facilities, surveillance, phone systems, and door access. Assists Network Technicians with central office maintenance and equipment. Assists Construction Technicians with buried fiber and copper projects. Heavy lifting and physically challenging work is also expected. Assists Purchasing Agent with loading and unloading of materials, tracking and distributing materials and inventory related to the Warehouse. Performs general deliveries using WRT vehicle, as well as maintain WRT vehicles. Assists with miscellaneous building and grounds tasks and other duties as assigned. Job requires out of town work with overnight stays.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist I&R Foreman, I&R Technicians, Network Technicians, Construction department and the warehouse.
- Completes all necessary related forms and reports.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of telecommunications broadband facilities operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of vehicles and equipment.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of new services and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, station protections and network interface devices.
- Assists with installation and maintenance of broadband services.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of surveillance systems.
- Skill in using mechanical and electric power tools.
- Skill in using a computer and accuracy in inputting information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions using the information at hand.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Reports to WRT Headquarters Building in Hazen, ND.
Apply on-line at www.westriv.com or send applications/resume and applicable certifications to Lexi Lawson, WRT Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023.
West River Telecommunications Coop
Get fresh FLSA Status jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.