West River Telecommunications Coop Jamestown, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Engineer will perform engineering design and implementation functions required on systems both hardware and software for all IT Voice and Broadband systems. This role has a direct impact on the customers' perception of the quality and value of our IT products, as well as the operational and financial goals. The IT Engineer will play the role of lead engineer on highly technical projects and as on-site expert for troubleshooting complex technical issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for leading the IT designs that consistently deliver performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical deployment, including implementation plan, methods of procedures, additional technical resource identification, and execution of work in the allotted timeframe.
- Analyze data and make recommendations for equipment changes based on analysis, including forecasting, trending, and capacity projection in all IP related infrastructure.
- Maintain a record of engineering solutions, such as detailed engineering requirements, detailed reference design, and detailed integration test plan documents and results.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with good fiscal policy.
- Adapt to the evolving and changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities of WRT and the industry.
- Promote organizational mission and goals by influencing others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes.
- Display an ongoing positive commitment to learning and self-improvement; desiring and making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of routing and switching platforms including BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF and other routing protocols in an ISP and customer environment.
- Knowledge of network security (ACLs, IPsec Tunnels, MFA), firewalls (Security Appliances), NetFlow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies in an ISP and customer environment.
- Knowledge of security controls to prevent monitor, log, detect, and mitigate information security threats in an ISP and customer environment. (SIEM/IDR, EDR)
- Knowledge of network management protocols including: SNMP, NTP/SNTP, SSH
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (continued)
- Knowledge of server management, authentication, and monitoring technology including SNMP, ACS, LDAP, RADIUS, AAA in an ISP and customer environment.
- Knowledge of VoIP application and SIP protocol in an ISP and customer environment.
- Ability to think analytically and to problem solve.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as schematics, blueprints and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about WRT’s sales culture.
- Ability to think progressively and innovatively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude.
- Must be willing to work outside normal hours and on call as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
Education and Experience
BS in Information Technology or related degree plus 3 plus years of hands-on experience in engineering and administering IT networks is required. Cisco Certifications such as CCNP or CCIE are preferred.
Reporting location will be negotiable.
Apply on-line at www.westriv.com or send applications/resume and applicable certifications to Michelle Perreault, WRT Human Resources Manager, PO Box 467, Hazen, ND 58545. The first review of qualified candidates will commence on Monday, August 23, 2021. This position will be open until filled.
West River Telecommunications Coop
TechnologyView all jobs at West River Telecommunications Coop