Special Education Teacher
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Comprehensive benefits package at no additional cost to the employees
West Philadelphia Achievement Charter Elementary School is an inner city Arts and Technology K-5 Elementary School. We are a family oriented environment with family and community involvement being an integral part of our mission to enrich the lives of our students.
West Philadelphia Achievement Charter is seeking a high energy, innovative educator to join our professional community. He/She will be responsible for teaching groups of students with mild or moderate learning disabilities. He/She will modify existing curriculum on basic subjects (e.g. math, writing) to meet each student's learning requirements and build individual lesson plans tailored to their specific needs. He/She will also discuss with Special Education Coordinator, support staff and parents important matters that might impede students' progress.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- 3 + years teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from an accredited college or university
- Must have experience writing and monitoring I.E.P.s. and be familiar with IDEA regulations
- Must be able to obtain or currently have all background clearances (Federal, PA State, & Child Abuse).
- Valid PA Special Education certification
West Philadelphia Achievement Charter Elementary SchoolPhiladelphia, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.