- Posted: over a month ago
As a non-CDL Transfer Driver, you will transport products safely and deliver them to various West Music locations in a timely manner. In this role, you will organize, load, and unload West Music inventory and utilize reports and/or an inventory manifest to ensure merchandise is delivered accurately.
The Driver will provide routine and non-routine support to day-to-day West Music operations. This position will be responsible for staging, loading, and transporting incoming and outgoing products. In addition, Drivers will work with other West Music associates to ensure the accuracy of transfers, proper organization for the safe transport of all merchandise, and a safe and positive work environment. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of West Music.
In addition, this position will perform requested maintenance duties primarily for the Fulfillment Center, but may assist the West Music Maintenance Coordinator when requested. May perform various general maintenance duties including snow removal, mowing, cleaning, painting, plumbing, light electrical work, general carpentry, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Performs deliveries and pick-ups of products to and from West Music locations, external vendors, and other locations as designated. Will utilize multiple sizes and types of company delivery vehicles while abiding by all safety and traffic regulations.
- Assist in properly loading, securing, and unloading merchandise.
- Perform inventory check-off process during delivery with reports or manifests.
- Organizes and consolidates incoming and outgoing transfers and may validate sales and transfer orders (SO’s & TO’s) to ensure accurate transactions.
- Safely operate a company vehicle and obey all traffic and safety regulations.
- Responds in a timely manner to phone calls from internal and external customers for routine information related primarily to deliveries.
- Maintains a clean and organized vehicle and workspace inside and out.
- Conduct facility and equipment repairs when directed.
- Operate scissor lift while performing maintenance on lights and ballast replacements.
- Coordinate with maintenance vendors and complete internal approval process when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured as a driver of West Music vehicles.
- Able to independently and/or team lift up to 80 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to use hand and power tools such as drills, various types of saws, and hammers to make repairs and/or corrections related to OSHA standards as directed.
- Service Focus – demonstrates a personal commitment to delivering high quality, professional, responsive service to customers and co-workers.
- Communication – shares and receives information using clear oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates active listening with co-workers and customers to achieve results.
- Team Player/Collaborative – collaborates with fellow associates to achieve West Music goals. Recognizes and shows respect for the strengths and contributions of others with the ability to develop effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Results-oriented – a "can-do" attitude with a desire to take on an increasing level of responsibility and a drive to meet project deadlines.
- Adaptable – thrives in a fast-paced environment; responds positively to evolving priorities or work assignments; open to feedback.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
West Music is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to a diverse workforce. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?