Change Parts, Inc. is in search of a Field Measurement Tech/Assembler to become an integral part of our team! As a Field Measurement Tech/Assembler you will provide overall support to the Field Measurement team in terms of scheduling, project management, process control and process improvement. When not performing machine measurements, work as an assembler on the shop floor. This position requires significant travel to customer locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Schedule and plan field measurements of the team
- Travel to customer locations to conduct machine measurements using 3D design software
- Maintain and update machine measurement library as appropriate
- Work on special projects as requested by management
- Review the field measurements with other team members and provide appropriate feedback
- Assist and train other less experienced field measurement resources in their development
- Utilize ERP system to track and optimize project completions
- Read, interpret and assemble parts to engineering drawings
- Close work orders/sequences in a timely manner
- Complete machine set-ups and operate machines and CNC
- Maintain required finish of machined parts through buffing, polishing and de-burring
- Knowledge of 3D design software, as well as an ability to effectively utilize MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook. Associate is expected to develop appropriate knowledge of our ERP system as required to perform his/her duties.
- A minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply technical date, drawings and reports to the design of change parts.
- Ability to effectively respond to inquiries from customers, vendors, other team members and members of the packaging, design and business community.
- Ability to appropriately interpret technical data
- Ability to read, interpret and assemble parts to engineering blueprints/drawings
- Ability to climb on machinery to obtain measurements
- Willingness to travel to customer locations. At times travel may be extensive.
What we offer in return:
- a competitive wage
- health insurance
- long-term and short-term disability
- life insurance
- educational assistance
- paid vacation
- personal days
Change Parts, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
West Michigan ManufacturerWe consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.