Trade Specialist- HVAC
- Expired: December 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Trades Specialist position provides a variety of skilled and semi skilled work in the maintenance, alteration, and repair of institutional facilities.
This position functions as the first of two levels of non-lead Trade Specialist responsible for performing journey-level construction, repair, and maintenance duties related to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lamping, painting, masonry, or other trades as needed. The Trade Specialist usually specializes in one of the above areas as opposed to being a generalist trades worker. Job responsibilities require the ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team. Work is performed under immediate supervision, working within guidelines or traditional practice. The Trades Specialist exercises judgment in prioritizing, planning, and organizing own work within time, process, and results requirements; has some flexibility to modify workflow based on need and circumstance. Problems faced in this position address non-routine questions and situations, often requiring investigation and/or research of precedents.
- Performs a variety of tasks that require the ability to inspect, repair, fabricate, install, service and maintain building facilities and building equipment.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance of roofs, motors, exit/emergency lighting, generators, batteries, smoke detectors and service vehicles.
- Performs carpentry duties including but not limited to construction, remodel, fabrication, door replacement, windows, signs, desks, counters, shelves and tables.
- May perform interior and exterior painting along with preparation of various surfaces including pressure washing, paint removal, sandblasting, sanding, brush painting and spray painting.
- Performs a variety of minor plumbing repairs and maintenance.
- Delivers materials, equipment and supplies to institutional facilities.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs installation and repairs on interior floor coverings.
- Operates a wide variety of vehicles.
- Responds to emergency calls to troubleshoot and make building repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2 year + directly related experience is required.
West Liberty University (http://www.westliberty.edu) is a small, comprehensive institution under the auspices of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission.
West Liberty University is a four-year public university and West Virginia's oldest institution under higher education. Situated on a picturesque hilltop, just 10 miles from Wheeling, WLU is a small market metro with a rich heritage. Living costs are low, cultural opportunities, and schools make it a great place to live, work and raise a family. WLU features a main campus and a nearby satellite campus, located at the Highlands Shopping Complex. Both locations are minutes from Pennsylvania and Ohio borders, offering easy access to major airports, shopping, dining and entertainment.
West Liberty University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. Individuals who need assistance in the application process may contact Emily D' Aquila, HR Generalist / Recruiter at 304-336-8029 firstname.lastname@example.org(do not apply to this email).
West Liberty University does not sponsor work visas. Applicants Must be authorized to work in the United States.
SUCCESSFULLY PASSING A BACKGROUND SCREENING REPORT IS REQUIRED FOR FINAL EMPLOYMENT
WEST LIBERTY UNIVERSITY IS A TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS
West Liberty University
208 University DriveWest Liberty, WV
ConstructionView all jobs at West Liberty University
Get fresh Trade Air jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.