No experience? No Problem! In accordance with the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) we are currently hiring for Personal Care Assistant positions. Completion of a free 10 hour online training program, in combination with the on-site training you will get at West Hills Health & Rehab will prepare you to work as a Personal Care Assistant. We can also support you in obtaining a permanent license and become a Certified/Licensed Nursing Assistant.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will help our residents live comfortably and independently while providing the daily help they need. Life in our communities is rooted in dignity and respect for those we serve.
What Does aTemporary Nurse Aide Do?
The Personal Care Assistant will help to provide aspects of resident care that include:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Oral Care
- Grooming - Shaving and Nail Care
- Dressing and Undressing
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Positioning, Moving, and Restorative Care
- Nutrition and Elimination
- Comfort Care and End of Life Care
Becoming a Personal Care Assistant is a great way to enter into the healthcare field and begin your career! This program offers the opportunity to become a Certified Nursing Assistant while learning the skills and knowledge needed in a hands-on approach. If you qualify, we will help you obtain your CNA which will allow you to continue your career in healthcare.
Your next steps...
- Complete the online application
- Pre-Screen telephone interview
- On-Site personal interview
- Pre-employment screening (background check, drug screen)
- Be flexible to work all shifts, which include: 8hour shifts and Day, Evening, Night, Weekend and Holiday shifts. Full time and part time and on-call hours available.
- Have a passion for caring for people
- Have a professional image to match our facilities professional standards
- Drug Test, Background Check, COVID and TB (Tuberculosis) testing required (provided)
- Complete the 8 hour online CNA course, 1 hour Temporary Feeding Assistant course, and 1 hour Infection Prevention course.
*This is physically taxing position. Qualified candidates must be physically able to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds along with the ability to stand and walk for at least 8 hours.*
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center