Technology Support Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
WEST HAWAII COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
JOB TITLE: Technology Support Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SUPERVISED BY: Director of IT – Network Services
POSITION FUNCTION SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Director of IT, the Technology Support Technician strives to uphold the mission, goals and objectives of West Hawaii Community Health Center. His Her focus includes but is not limited to, network infrastructure and devices, desktop and systems support, staff support, clinic departments and outside vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Network Support - Primary
- Active Directory computer and user administration. New User Request creation, submittal and test.
- Monitor Antivirus/Malware for Endpoints and acting on threats and concerns.
- Data backup monitoring and restore support for networked devices and systems.
- Monitors ISP links and investigates latency or packet loss.
- Assist with hardware racked equipment installs and cabling.
Helpdesk Support - Secondary
- Assist WHCHC staff with daily hardware and software application support needs.
- Supports workstation setups and moves at all sites.
- Assists configuring new PC’s, Laptops, printers, mobile devices, etc.
- Manages own tickets of incident and service requests.
- Supports meeting setup requests.
- Provides support for printers, fax lines and fax servers.
Shared Operational Duties
- Partner with Medical and Dental software host vendor for software hardware help desk support.
- Provides technical orientation for new employees on an as needed basis.
- Assistance with projects for new and existing clinic sites technical needs.
- Maintains inventory: software, hardware, licensing, etc.
- Telephone equipment inhouse installs, facilitate connection installs with vendors.
* Other duties as assigned
Requirements of Position
This position requires an individual with the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to perform the daily tasks involved to provide an elevated level of service to the WHCHC Organization. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Accredited college degree or technical certifications desired.
- 2 years technical support experience required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Focused customer service skills with the eagerness to react in a positive, encouraging and respectful manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to contribute to operational and strategic development of the organization and team.
- Ability to document Method of Procedures of workflows and configurations.
- Knowledge of network systems design, configuration, operations and administration.
- Knowledge of application systems support, implementation and training.
- Ability to monitor network and application systems data security, recognize improvements needed and implement changes when necessary.
- Willingness to further technical knowledge through continuing education.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- On-call availability.
- Occasional weekend and off-hour availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Bending and crouching over and under equipment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Confidential and Sensitive Information:
Because the employee has access to personal and professional data regarding individual employees and their families, personal data regarding individual patients and their families, and/or sensitive company financial data, an essential job result is the maintenance of a high level of confidentiality of the information processed by the employee. Violation of this confidence may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The foregoing position description is not all-inclusive of the duties that may be assigned to the employee. To ensure maximum flexibility and efficiency and to encourage cross-training, employees will be assigned additional duties as deemed necessary or desirable by WHCHC.
West Hawaii Community Health Center Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at West Hawaii Community Health Center Inc