West Hawaii Community Health Center Inc Kailua-Kona, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
WEST HAWAII COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
JOB TITLE: Director of Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Operating Officer
POSITION FUNCTION SUMMARY:
Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Information Technology’s duties are in support of the mission, goals and objectives of the WHCHC. He/she is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at WHCHC. The individual will direct all IT operations to meet staff requirements, as well as manage the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Helps to monitor the correct operations of IT resources.
• Directs intrusions and protects against viruses.
• Provides denial-of-service protection.
• Defines policies for data retention and secure data disposal.
• Performs audit tracking and reporting.
• Provides effective network domain security design and management.
• Tests and implements strategic security technology.
• Monitors and assesses network vulnerability.
• Provides fast, real-time network intrusion response.
• Manages Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technology requirements.
• Manages Internet Protocol (IP) security requirements.
• Manages authentication and access methods requirements.
• Manages user-policy usage and requirements (such as password policy).
• Manages external and physical security requirements 9such as access to computer rooms).
• Manages secure messaging requirements.
• Provides ongoing technical support and subject matter expertise for security initiatives within the company.
• Defines IT services.
• Produces and maintains the service catalog.
• Drafts SLAs.
• Negotiates SLAs with customers and conducts ongoing monitoring and reviews of SLA requirements and achievement.
• Defines key performance indicators and develops and manages end-to-end service metrics.
• Leads virtual teams to continuously deliver service.
• Reviews, identifies and resolves systematic service-related issues.
• Accountable for client satisfaction performance to include measuring, optimizing and communicating expectations.
• Prioritizes service improvement requests and identifies gaps for future functionality.
• Knowledge of the customers’ businesses and business processes.
• Reviews each customer’s service portfolio.
• Reviews service delivery targets and objectives to maintain effective provisioning to the customer.
• Oversees all functions/processes performed by IT staff.
• Supports and supervises IT staff including interviewing, recommending hiring, training, directing work, scheduling, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving employee problems.
• Approves timesheets and PTO requests for IT staff.
• Sets goals and expectations for staff.
• Collaborate with Upper Management in developing and implementing appropriate policies, procedures, and system changes that are related to improving IT functions.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and confidential working environment consistent with OSHA, HIPAA, and HHC standards.
Requirements of Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience within information technology, preferably in a medical environment. Skills & Competencies:
• Ability to communicate to all Team members on all tasks, responsibilities and organizational structure.
• Ability to search and recommend new technologies, processes or procedures that improve IT services and support.
• Ability to work with other Team members in a cohesive manner providing IT services and support to all departments.
• Ability to manage daily tasks, short/long term projects and assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner.
• Understanding of security policies and ability to review them for completeness.
• Understanding of business areas and the type of data they deal with to improve security.
• Ability to set up shared areas on various servers.
• In-depth understanding of the security model of the company’s operating platforms.
• Extensive knowledge of networking. Understanding of viruses and antivirus methods.
• Ability to balance security issues against productivity issues to ensure that neither is lowered greatly by security policies.
• Ability to set up security profiles for different groups of users.
• Ability to educate and inform employees about security procedures.
• Ability to work and consult with other IT groups when security questions arise.
• Understanding of the methods of securing data and files, such as authentication and encryption, and products that enable and improve these methods.
• Ability to work with vendors offering security solutions in order to evaluate product offerings.
• Ability to monitor security risks, such as outgoing employees, to help maintain security.
• Ability to conduct security audits.
• Ability to take responsibility for service provision on behalf of operations.
• Ability to manage customer relationships.
• Ability to facilitate review meetings.
• Ability to negotiate.
• Ability to use clear language to communicate with customers.
• Ability to work at a high-level and see the “big picture.”
• Ability to understand the customer’s unique business proposition and strategy through having appropriate industry or specialist skills.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• On-call availability.
• Occasional weekend or off hours availability.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Confidential and Sensitive Information:
Because the employee has access to personal and professional data regarding individual employees and their families, personal data regarding individual patients and the families, and/or sensitive company financial data, an essential job result is the maintenance of a high level of confidentiality of the information processed by the employee. Violation of this confidence may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The foregoing position description is not all-inclusive of the duties that may be assigned to the employee. To ensure maximum flexibility and efficiency and to encourage cross training, employees will be assigned additional duties as deemed necessary or desirable by WHCHC.
West Hawaii Community Health Center Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at West Hawaii Community Health Center Inc