Environment, Health & Safety Coordinator
West Fraser Engineered Wood Products Nacogdoches, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company with more than 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe. From responsibly sourced and sustainably managed forest resources, the Company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. Our success comes from hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business. We are dedicated to developing and retaining a dynamic workforce with a commitment to teamwork and uncompromising safety that ensures we remain at the forefront of manufacturing excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
In general, this position will work with West Fraser team members to develop a world class EH&S culture and eliminate workplace injuries. To that end, these responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing support to our members and leadership team in the identification of workplace hazards, reporting and investigation of incidents, and the development of a comprehensive safety program.
- Assist EH&S Manager in leading facility EH&S programs
- Ensure compliance of OSHA General Industry Standards and West Fraser Standards
- Facilitate EH&S training for all members
- Measure progress toward meeting our EH&S targets and objectives.
- EH&S Timely Reporting and Recordkeeping
- Provide triage and first aid in the event of injury to a TM or contractor
- Contributes to the health screening process, health education programs, OSHA record keeping, hearing conservation process, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the EH&S Manager
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform these roles are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Post-secondary certification with a specialty in EH&S, Manufacturing Technology, Nursing/Paramedic/EMT, etc.
- One to Three years EH&S or Safety Committee experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of facilitating a successful EH&S program
- Ability to present and train team members
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, and demonstrate effective leadership skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong teams
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office software
Specialized knowledge or skills needed:
- Functional / Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably. Listening to operators is a key skill that is needed.
The incumbent will divide their time between an office setting and operational setting which may include hot, cold, wet and humid conditions. The incumbent may be periodically required to work extended or varied hours in order to accomplish tasks. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
This position requires a high degree of physical mobility to include repetitious climbing of stairs, navigating catwalks, working at heights up to 130 feet above the ground, crawling, bending, stooping and reaching on a daily basis. Periodic lifting up to 30 lbs. is essential.
West Fraser Engineered Wood Products
BusinessView all jobs at West Fraser Engineered Wood Products