Eligibility & Benefits Specialist
West Dermatology Mesa, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
General Summary of Duties: Eligibility and Benefits provides administrative support to the daily verifications operations within the assigned function(s). Ensures data accuracy and integrity of patient information through the verification process. Verifications works with cross-divisional teams in the identification and resolution of outstanding issues within the assigned function(s).
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Work is done in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and reports general patient information in the facilitation billing and collections activities.
- Under general supervision, analyze and resolve benefits and insurance information; ensuring reconciliation of data within company-defined deadlines, and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Verifies insurance coverage by phone, online or through electronic system transactions for all new patients and/or changes in coverage
- Generate and analyze diverse reports and work lists in the identification and resolution of general patient account issues.
- Act as a liaison by working with cross-divisional teams in the identification and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Ability to review multiple platforms simultaneously to complete daily tasks
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned. Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Requires attention to detail and accurate data entry.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable practices and medical business office procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance reimbursement procedures and practices
- Skill in using computer and calculator
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
West Dermatology is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities for applicants and Employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, and all other applicable state and federal laws.
West Dermatology does not permit discrimination of any type against an employee because of any of the following legally protected characteristics: gender, race, color, religion, country of origin, mental disability, physical disability, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, age, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.
GovernmentView all jobs at West Dermatology