West Coast Fixtures, Inc. designs and manufactures distinctive store fixtures and millwork of exceptional quality. We are proud of our dedicated and skilled employees and our loyal customers in the grocery, retail, and restaurant markets. Our in-house design team works with customers, and their architect/engineering firms, to create distinctive store fixtures and millwork with high functionality and longevity that helps promote product and brand image within their environment.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Inventory and Receiving Clerk maintains the physical inventory of raw and finished goods through daily cycle counts, quarterly & yearly physical counts and/or as directed by purchasing/inventory manager. The position will be responsible for recording incoming purchased goods receipts & inspecting the quality and quantity. This includes delivery of materials/product to the proper department/stock locations.
· Perform 100% mid-year and year-end inventory counts at CA facility.
· Continuously improve inventory procedures and reconciliation processes
· Perform daily cycle counts for various part classes and more robust end of month & quarterly counts to verify stock accuracy
· Offload packages/pallets from incoming trucks
· Receive incoming packages and verify contents match purchase order and packing list items and noting any discrepancy in quantity or quality.
· Rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with Manager to rectify damages and shortages.
· Record daily deliveries into ERP System the same day.
- Ensures all Raw and Finished Goods are properly labelled and put away in designated stock areas. Finished Goods must have Quality Check sticker prior to put away.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all Raw & Finished Good products
- Submits requisition entries for Kanban items and shop supplies
- Conducts joint inspections with the Operations team of Returned Merchandise Authorizations (RMA’s) and ensures proper labeling and timely dispositions.
- Use of hand truck, pallet jack and/or forklift to move goods from receiving areas to stock/work areas.
- Assist Shipping Team with packing product and loading outgoing trucks, on an as needed basis
· Perform other job-related duties or other assigned tasks and projects as directed by supervisor.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of inventory management systems, ERP.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Possess a Forklift Driver Certification or the ability to obtain one.
- Must be detail oriented and organized while working under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, consistently producing high quality work
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player. Collaborate well with others.
· Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks demonstrating good time management.
· Recognizes the importance of customer satisfaction through maintaining company quality standards.
· Maintain a safe work environment and compliance with company safety policies.
· Ability to read and interpret a tape measure to 1/16” increments.
· Be comfortable with a non-climate-controlled warehouse environment
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 2 years working in inventory management.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with inventory management module in ERP System.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; kneel, crouch or crawl; as well as speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand.
· The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
· Travel and percentage of time away: No travel required
· Lifting and maximum weight of objects to be lifted: Up to 50 lbs.
· Routine and requires recognition of deviation from accepted practice. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices to resolve problems and make routine recommendations.