Direct Support Specialist
- Posted: November 25, 2022
- $20 to $22 Hourly
GREAT Company Culture!
NEW PAY RATES! In General: Responsible to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to develop their maximum independence. Professionally communicate in a motivating, consistent manner to create and maintain high quality relationships and a healthy environment.
Essential Functions are the minimum requirements of the position:
- Provide assistance with informed decision making to enable positive outcomes with activities of daily living including personal care, household chores; health maintenance and relationship facilitation.
- Promote social opportunities and community inclusion for the individuals.
- Encourage independence and natural support by providing quality decision making opportunities.
- Promote appropriate communication and interactions consistent with agency values.
- Follow all care plans, including proper administration of medications.
- Foster a positive, productive team environment with people supported, co-workers, families and community associations.
- Objectively monitor; report and document individuals status, including implementing care plans and goals.
- Demonstrate availability and flexibility for 1st and 2nd shift with some flexibility to occasionally cover 3rd shift
- Model and maintain a positive, supportive, productive team and work environment in multiple settings.
- Maintain required training, including Safety Care, CPR/AED/1st Aid; Human Rights, HIPAA.
- Coordinate schedule with supervisor to ensure working a minimum of 35 work hours, which including two consecutive days off.
Attitude and Personal Qualities
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy with a respectful attitude and behavior that strives for excellence.
Additional Functions of the Job The physical demands are essential functions of the job for an employee to safely and effectively perform their duties.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, bend and twist, push and pull; stand, walk and sit.
- Regularly required to lift and transfer anywhere between 20 to 50 lbs alone; or with staff or barrier-free device.
- Minimum of 2 year's experience as a Direct Support Professional or Milieu Therapist.
- High school diploma or General equivalency (GED)
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record;proof of valid insurance, registration & inspection.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer you:
- Compensation: $20.50 to $21.50 hourly
- Weekend Pay Differential - Additional $1.00 an hour
- Friday evening 6pm to 10pm
- Saturday & Sunday 1st & 2nd Shift - 8 am to 10pm
Platinum Plan Benefits (Up to $20K): Full Time 30 hours or more
Platinum Plan Benefits ($20K):
BCBS Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Plans), Remarkably low bi-weekly employee contributions; Delta Dental Insurance; Health Reimbursement Account (HRA); Vision Insurance; Agency sponsored life insurance; 401K Retirement Plan; Vacation time; Sick time; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement up to ($2,400 a year); Aflac Insurance (Accident/Cancer/Life); Pet Insurance; Identity Theft Insurance; Career Development; Employee Health and Wellness events, Employee Discounts and more!
West Bay RI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?