- $12 to $15 Hourly
We are hiring!
The church custodian is responsible for keeping the church clean and tidy between events, services, and various church activities. The job description of a church custodian describes the many duties needed to keep the church always looking pristine and orderly.
The church custodian answers to the executive pastor, facilities manager and is a valuable member of the church staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Custodian:
• Cleans the sanctuary thoroughly after services, including vacuuming, cleaning out the aisles of programs or paper left behind, wiping down the pews and altar.
• Wipes down windows at least once a week.
• Empties the wastebaskets in the sanctuary and removes any other debris in communal areas.
• Wipes down and disinfects the kitchen weekly and after any events.
• Throws out any expired food that is left behind in cabinets or refrigerators.
• Sets up rooms for meetings, events, or conferences, including stacking chairs, making tables available, and arranging audio visual equipment as needed.
• Scrubs restrooms once a week and spot clean every day.
• Keeps all restrooms stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, and soap.
• Orders supplies as needed and in accordance with the allotted budget.
• Replaces broken or burned-out light fixtures as needed.
• Attends large events such as weddings and funerals to provide ongoing custodial duties and stays after to clean up.
• Notifies facilities manager of plumbing, electrical, or other repair work as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a cheerful and positive attitude and be willing to help in all things.
• Must be courteous and tactful.
• Must be self-directed and able to complete all custodial duties with little to no supervision.
• Must be flexible and willing to adapt to varying schedules and level of work required from week-to-week.
• Must be committed to the mission and goals of the church.
• Must have knowledge of different cleaning techniques, including stain removal, disinfecting, waxing, and more.
• Must be proactive, attending to messes and problems before they are brought up or requested.
• Must be honest and trustworthy as he or she will have access to secured areas of the church.
• Must demonstrate excellent time management skills by coordinating cleaning efforts around the church calendar. Ensure all scheduled events are supported in planning, setup, teardown, cleaning, room reset, etc.
• Must be responsible and able to arrange for duties to be accomplished even when the individual cannot manage alone.
Education and Experience:
• No degree necessary.
• Must be familiar with general cleaning techniques and able to follow safety requirements.
• Must be able to follow directions and communicate with staff.
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those encountered and/or necessary for the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is completed in and around the church, part time and as needed.
• Must be able to spend several hours standing, walking, reaching, and bending over.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be available to work Sundays.
• Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed for events.
Monday thru Friday 30 hours a week, day shift
• The Church Custodian must be a professing Christian and in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
West Acres Baptist Church
555 Gibbs rdEvans, GA
Get fresh Church Custodian jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.