West 4th Strategy Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We need an experienced Agricultural Statistician with specialized skills to assist The Research and Development Division (RDD) of the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) in delivering improved estimates and predictions in support of NASS programs. This is a full-time opportunity. We can offer job security and stability, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Apply experience and expertise working with agriculture and agricultural data
- Model agriculture and agricultural data, including the production cycle of livestock, and the factors affecting the yield of crops and livestock
- Identify and assess the factors most important in the modeling process from both an agricultural and a statistical perspective
- Analyze agricultural data through experiment design and model building
- Model and conduct agricultural surveys and produce small area estimates and forecasts
- Combine data from disparate sources, ranging from surveys to administrative records, in a manner that produces valid measures of uncertainty
- Deliver improved estimates and predictions
- Apply experience with county survey estimates using USDA NASS survey data, administrative data, and other types of auxiliary data for crop acreages, crop yield, and total production
- Develop Bayesian models that can account for perturbations in the system and that combine disparate data collected to develop agricultural models
- Apply experience with farm labor to support the USDA NASS semi-annual publication
- Utilize Bayesian small-area modeling paradigm to produce coherent estimates at all desired geographic levels
- Work to improve models and produce estimates of uncertainty in all cells released to the public
- Apply experience with cash rents survey in support of improving ongoing research
- Model research that combines data from NASS’s cash rents survey with data from auxiliary data sources
- Apply experience of solving real-world problems to identify the best solution when addressing NASS’s questions
- Apply previous research experience in collaboration with Research and Development Division staff (RDD)
- Attend at least one professional conference each year
- An experienced researcher with a proven publication record
- Demonstrated experience in developing small area models that have been used in real-world applications
- Experience in completing diverse projects with applications in the agricultural sciences
- Experience with agriculture and agricultural data, farm labor, and cash rents survey
- Ph.D required
- Washington, D.C. 20250
West 4th Strategy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of the time.
Powered by JazzHR
West 4th Strategy
ScienceView all jobs at West 4th Strategy