Mechanical Designer - Cadworx
Wessagusset Staffing Seattle, WA
- Posted: 17 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - HVAC DESIGNER
- Basic understanding of mechanical HVAC systems in Heavy Industrial facilities
- Knowledge of codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, SMACNA, and NFPA.
- Ability to layout ductwork, HVAC equipment and other related components.
- Familiar with HVAC sequence of operation and Ducting & Instrumentation Diagrams (D&ID).
- Familiar with electrical area classifications
- Perform field surveys.
- Production of HVAC documents, design packages using AutoCAD and CADWorx software in compliance with Anvil or Clients standards and specifications.
- Assemble HVAC documents for verification, validation, approval, and construction.
- Confirms drawings and products meet Anvil and Client standards.
- Perform a self check of all documents created and “snoop” all drawings.
- Coordinates with other groups in the development of 3D models and works closely with the Lead HVAC Engineer.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability and willingness to work in other discipline groups at Anvil.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding of HVAC calculations, including heating & cooling load, static pressure, air change, and duct sizing is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and CADWorx
- Able to provide project drafting/design support on small to medium projects ($50K-$250K)
- Applicants must be able to obtain a TWIC card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A.A.S. or higher in engineering technology or related discipline preferred but not required
- 3+ years experience in generating design documents for HVAC design package.
- Petrochemical facilities HVAC experience is preferred.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Wessagusset Staffing